GRADING SYSTEM AND POLICY
All assignments, including research, thumbnails, preliminary rough designs, mounted finished work, and critiques will be incorporated into grades.
Additional consideration will be given for: class participation, text/videos discussion, thoroughness of homework assignments, and completion of the projects before due dates.
1. Due dates are firm, absence is not an excuse. Class work, homework, projects, texts, etc. are always on your class site
FINAL GRADE CALCULATION
2. Significantly unfinished work will not be graded or accepted.
3. Any work submitted on time may be improved one time for an improved grade.
4. A finished project can be submitted one week late, but will be graded one whole letter grade lower.
For example, an “A” work (100%) becomes next session a “B” work (85%).
In this case, you will not have a chance for improvement
Note: any assigned part of a project is not considered to be the whole project, and will be accepted only on due time
5. No work will be accepted two weeks late and a grade of 0 % will be entered instead.
6. All projects have to be submitted into drop-box folder
7. All additional information is always on your class website
Subject to a minor change
Ad Redo exercise (2 or 3 trials are possible)
Print Ad Campaign project
Guerilla Marketing project
Social Media project
Attendance, class participation, and timely submission of all assignments or assignments’ parts
Note: Midterm and final tests will be based on the assigned readings, websites and videos
AD CAMPAIGN PROJECTS
(6 - 7 sessions each/ 3 weeks)
Each team will choose (or will be assigned) a company and work on its ad campaign
Always start with Ad Campaign project plan:
AD CAMPAIGNS PLAN
1. Choose a company, do research
2. Develop the strategy, write an objective statement including headlines
3. Work on concept, thumbnails and roughs
4. Roughs class discussing, roughs improvement
5. Work on comps
6. Work on comps, mounting
7. Final presentation
AD CAMPAIGN PROJECTS GRADING
There will be 3 Ad Campaign projects; each one is 20% of the final grade
Grading of the first projeat - 3 PRINT ADS:
1. Research, strategy development, objective statement, headlines: 10 points
2. Thumbnail sketches and proper roughs presentation: 10 points
3. Concept development, originality, creativity: 20 points
4. Professional design: 20 points
5. Professional execution: 20 points
6. Neat and thorough mounting: 10 points
7. Oral presentation with clear explanation of a subject: 10 points
Project weight may vary depending on actual time and effort required. Student input on project weight will be considered. Late work will be penalized 1 letter.
WEEK 1 and 2
Advertising process overview
1. Subject research
2. Strategy Development
3. Concept Generation
4. Thumbnail Sketches and Roughs
5. Professional Design
6. Professional Presentation
Work on Ad Redo exercise
Design trents 2019
Common design mistakes and how to avoid them